Translate

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Rain . . . Rain . . . Rain . . .

Dear Family,


I am so happy to hear that all of you are doing so well!! What a big time in all of our lives!  I am also very greatful for the pictures that you sent, they made my whole day!!


The MTC has been a great experience!!  I am so glad that I have been immersed in the language, because I am being able to learn it much faster.  I would also like to apologize for any grammatical errors or spelling errors that I make in my emails...  everything is just starting to come out in the way Spanish is supposed to come out.


But anyway, the language learning is still progressing!!  I need to work on understanding "Dominican Spanish",  because it is not the same Spanish they are teaching us here in the MTC.  It is kind of funny how fast they speak.  They will be so tired and out of breath when they finish speaking that they can't even breathe!! So funny.


I have been out in the city twice now, just going to the store both times.  It is similar to Walmart, just on a smaller scale!!  The things here are pretty inexpensive in comparison to the U.S., so that is very nice.

As far as the teaching goes, I am doing very well.  Right now, I have 2 investigators, name Victor and Euladio.  I teach Victor in the morning and Euladio at night.  They are just role play activities with the teachers, but it feels so real!! The teachers are mostly converts to the gospel themselves, so they react how they would react while they were actually investigating the church.  Euladio has committed to be baptized on September 10, and Victor is not far behind.


It continues to rain pretty much every day... The problem is that it rains during our exercise time at 3:30!!  I have played basketball in the rain more in the last few days than I have in my whole life!  Multiple missionaries have gotten hurt from slipping, because they do not use asphalt here.... They only use concret with some kind of weird finish on it!! So when it rains, people get hurt... Not good.  Everyone also takes turns getting each other sick!!  All the food, close quarters, and new germs are messing with every one of us.


I have had the opportunity to email Sean every week.  I am so glad, because he has a lot of experiences that I need to here about.  It seems like a lot of the time, something he is going through is happening to me as well, so I am glad he can help me with it.


Back to the rain... It is a hot rain.  I feel like I am in a sauna, there is that much water in the air!!  You could probably drown from breathing this air, because there is so much water!!  It condences on your skin and it is misserable, but I am getting used to it!!


Dylan ~ Happy Birthday!!  The big 1-3!!!  SO excited for you right now!! You are no longer a baby... You are a man!!  Love you dude!!


So what are your favorite classes right now?  Do you have any of my old teachers?  I hope school, football, and work are all going well for you guys!!  GOOD LUCK!!


Love,
Elder Garrett McEwan

No comments:

Post a Comment