Translate

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

University Contacting . . .

August 24, 2013

This has been such a stressful week! I'm glad we got to email back and forth a little bit. I hope you are all doing well and staying out of trouble. I hope school is going well for everyone. I want to hear who your teachers are and how you are doing in school.

Things in the MTC have been a little hectic . . . The schedule always seems to be wrong and we never know what is going on. Like I said in my email, there are no stamps, and they don't pick up the mail for us very often. It is frustrating because people are waiting for things that aren't coming. Good think I love it here!

So yesterday, I was able to go contacting at the University that is 10 minutes away from the MTC. We were handed two Books of Mormon, 16 pamphlets, and left with the instructions that we had one hour to talk to people. So we set off. It was strange because everyone was so willing to listen and to test their knowledge of Christ. They have a lot of faith in Jesus Christ and were very receptive. The second person we contacted was very receptive of us. She was a little apprehensive at first, but really began to open up when we started talking to her about her life and what she thought her plan was for life. It was awesome!

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but my companion is half-black. His name is Elder Phillips. He looks like a native Dominican. People always try to talk to him and he never knows what they are saying! While at the University, the people we were talking to were asking him all the questions and he just kept saying, "Si, Si," because he didn't understand! Therefore, he agreed that his mother moved back to Africa after having him, his parents were doctors in the U.S. Military, and that he was going to go live in Africa with Monkeys . . . SO FUNNY! It wasn't until after I taught the lesson that I was able to explain what had been said! He was so embarrassed, but he laughed about it, too. I love him.

I love you guys so much! I miss being home, but I know that I am where I am supposed to be! I will be waiting to hear all about your week!

Love,
Elder Garrett McEwan

No comments:

Post a Comment