Translate

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Learning in the MTC and Loving It . . .

Elder McEwan received the postage stamps we sent and was finally able to mail the letters he had written about his MTC experiences. We got letters in English and postcards in Spanish :). What a great day!

August 13, 2013

Dear Family,

So I wanted to tell you about my MTC experience so far.

I wake up at 6:00 every morning. I workout from 6:00 until 6:45. Then I get in the shower, which is always cold! There is very little water pressure. Sometimes the water even shuts off! We get breakfast at 7:00 a.m. It is very similar every day: pancakes or French toast, sausage, eggs, and banana oatmeal. It is pretty good, and there are lots of bananas.

Then I go to personal study in my classroom. That is where I plan my lessons for my nightly investigator. After one hour of personal study, I have an hour of companion study. Sometimes if my companion is doing something else, I just attach myself to the companionship of the district leader and his companion.

After "companion" study, we have language study with Hermano Fernandez. He is a very nice teacher and his wife is having their first baby in October. Next, we have lunch. It is always bread, rice, chicken, and beans. It is very good. After lunch, we have more language study with Hermana Escorbores. She just returned home from her mission 4 months ago. She was born, raised, and served in the U.S., but moved here because her parents are Dominican.

Then we do what is called "TALL." It is a computer program to help us learn the language better. After TALL, we have physical time. I usually play either baseball or basketball. Then we have dinner, which is always beef, beans, and rice. After dinner, we have one hour to prepare and then we teach our investigator. His real name is Hermano Rodriguez, and he is also our grammar teacher. He is having his birthday in 6 days, so I am going to get him a present. So his pretend name is Secundinho Brito. We have taught him several times, and all of the lessons have been 100% in Spanish! It has been a great blessing learning Spanish already!

So I have already said the nightly MTC family prayer, shared my testimony, blessed the sacrament, memorized the Missionary Purpose, and given a talk on Faith, all in Spanish. I am loving it here!

I miss you all so much! It is hard to be so far away from all of you guys!

Love,
Elder Garrett McEwan

p.s. I'm sending some pesos home . . . They look like pirate money! 42 pesos equal $1 U.S. Dollar.

No comments:

Post a Comment