Translate

Friday, August 9, 2013

First P-day in the DR . . .

On the Dominican Republic Temple Grounds
We were sooo excited to receive the first official letter from Elder McEwan! To top it off, there were pictures shared by President & Sister Freestone, the MTC Presidents of the Dominican Republic.

It is incredible to see the difference in this awesome young man in just a week since we put him on the plane to begin his mission!

August 8, 2013

Dear family,
 
I am so glad to see your letter!! Sorry it has taken me so long to write, but P-Day is on Thursday here, so that is why!!
 
I am glad that Dylan got nice football pads, and that they fit him well.  Good equipment is a nice thing to have.  Just like in sports, the gospel too has equipment.  We must put on the full armor of God, and stand as a witness to Him and bear testimony of His greatness!!  I am sorry about your phone too dude!!  You can use mine but the touchscreen doesn't work, so the only thing you can do on it is text and call.
 
Parker, get on the range!! You need to have your licenser so that you can preactice more!! Practice practice practice,  sleep a litle, then practice some more!! You will get to drive more than me these next two years ;)
 
President & Sister Freestone
Mom and Dad, I hope that Salem days has gone well for you guys!~! I know  is a lot of stress, but the Lord will bless us in anything we do, as long as we perservere and endure to the end!!  I know you guys are very prepared, and that you are leaders in this community.  People look to you for guidance and reassurance, and trust you to get the job done!!.
 
To answer previous questions:
 
I am great!! The MTC Food is very good, and there is plenty!!  Surprisingly, I have neither gained nor lost weight!!  The weather is hot, humid, but also pleasant in a weird way!!  It rained last night, and that was a sight to be seen!!  So much water, spectacular lightning.. It was amazing!!
 
Today, as with every P-Day,  I will attend the temple. It is a great blessing to me!!
 
I have been learning the language pretty quickly.  I bore my testimony on Fast Sunday in Spanish, and only pray in Spanish now.  I haven't prayed in English since like last Saturday :)
My MTC District ~ Back Row: Elder Kirk, Elder Laws, Elder McEwan,
Elder Phillips; Front Row: Sister Verzello, Sister Layng, Sister Haramoto
 
I hope this letter finds you guys well!! I love all of you so much!!
 
Love,
 
Elder Garrett McEwan

No comments:

Post a Comment