Translate

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Language is Coming Great . . .

The MTC has been a great learning experience for Elder McEwan! He has been there for three and a half weeks already! Another Elder from our stake will be leaving for the Dominican Republic MTC this week, so he is taking a package to Garrett ~ with stamps for him to mail letters. Hopefully we'll get them in a couple of weeks and can post more of his MTC experiences. When we tried to buy stamps at the Post Office before he left, they told us postage had to be purchased in the country they were mailed from. Hmmm . . . sounds like US Forever stamps work everywhere :).

I know some of the spelling and grammar in this letter are not what we're used to from Garrett. However, I decided to leave it the way he sent it because it shows how much he is integrating and grasping the Spanish language :).

Dear Family,

I am so glad to hear that you guys are doing well!! I helps me to know that you guys are ok and that the Lord is taking care of you!!

I have heard from sean, which is a relief!!  My companion is named elder phillips...  he is from wisconsin. The MTC is good, but so busy!! I don't even have time to use the bathroom!!  the rooms are smaller than my room back home, and there are four people in there... not good!! I sleep on the top bunk, and wake up at 5:45 every day and work out! :)

So Dylan, good luck with your first game!! I know that you will do so well, and that you are a great player.  Keep working hard, and keep working out!! That is the part of the game that makes all the difference, is the strength part.  I know it's hard, but it will benefit you in the long run!!

Parker, congrats on finishing driver’s ed!!  It is so sweet!! YOu are one lucky dude, and I know you will be a great DRIVER.  Just drive exactly how I taught you to drive, and you will be fine ;)

To both of you, good luck with school!! The best advice I can give you is to not try to be so cool,  or be too cool.. The kids who do that mis out on a lot!! I look forward to the time when I get to see you guys!! Learn the school songs too!!!

Mom and Dad, I hope that the work situation is ok, and that you are both happy with your jobs!! Keep working hard, and you will continue to be blessed for your diligence.

Things here have been going well.  I can write in my journal in only spanish, and carry on a conversation.  I have twaught 4 investigators, a.k.a teachers,  and we are only allowed to speak spanish!!  It is crazy, but I am happy with the situation here.

That is awesome that you guys saw Jake's family!! I am i glad to hear that he got his visa!!  I have yet to recieve thae hand written letters, but it is being said that letters take roughly ten days?  and that is good that daniel will be coming here!!!

Can you please send me some stamps and flash drive?  I need stamps because i guess they don't exist in the DR... We haven't ever had stamps here!!  I have many letters with details of my time in the MTC to send, but no way to do it!!  The flashdrive is because i tried to email pictures, and they all were downloaded to the computer, and erased from the memory card....  about 100 pictures.  That would be very much appreciated!!

I love all of you so much!!

Elder Garrett McEwan

No comments:

Post a Comment