Translate

Monday, February 3, 2014

Six Month Celebration . . .

February 3, 2014

Dear Family,

Elder McEwan and Elder Pedersen commemorating
6 months on their missions

I am doing so well out here!!  I love you all so much!!  I still have not gotten any letters recently, but I am sure they are somewhere out there!!  So first off, to answer the questions.  Elder Fallentine is doing well, learning more and more spanish everyday.  He leads the lessons sometimes, and does a really good job. We are both working very hard!!  The transfers will be on February 22, so that is going to be interesting..... This is my fourth transfer here, so we will see if I am transferred!!  The people are all doing so well!! Danilsa told me to tell all of you guys hi, and thank you for sharing your son with her!!  The weather is very humid, and has been raining basically non stop this last week!!  We hide in little shops from the rain, so that is always interesting.  They do celebrate Valentine´s Day here, so that will be interesting to see.... But yes, things here in the mission are going really well!!

The progressing investigators are really hard to come by right now.  We only have 2.  One is named Manuel.  He has come to church for three times in a row, and he has recieved all of the lessons.  We are just going over them, and then we are going to see him baptized on February 22.  That is really cool.  He has read the Bible three or four times, and then has also read Jesus the Christ.  He is a very smart man, and is already friends with lots of people in the ward.

Independencia
We also have a 15 year old girl, and I just forgot her name.  She has been to church more times than I have in this area!!  I thought she was a member, until a member came to me and told me that this girl wants to be baptized!!  So she just has to continue to go to church and receive all the lessons!!

I am also in a choir that is performing for ward conference in three weeks, so that will be fun!!  We are singing  ¨Oh Dios de Israel¨.

I can’t believe I’ve been here for 6 months already. It seems like it is flying by in slow motion sometimes J. Elder Pedersen was in my group in the CCM, and we have been living in the same house our whole missions.  We hit six months, so on that day, we went on the roof and burned a tie in memorial of this momentous occasion.
 
I love you all so much.  Tell Peyton Manning that I am sorry that he lost, but he will still be MVP.

I love you all!!  Have a great week!!

Love,
Elder Garrett McEwan
My District: Elder McEwan, Elder Fallentine,
Elder Pedersen, Elder Darby
 


No comments:

Post a Comment