Translate

Sunday, September 8, 2013

More CCM Experiences and Opportunities . . .

September 8, 2013

Dear Family,

I hope you have by now received my letters and postcards! I hope that you were able to translate the postcards! Sorry that it was probably hard, but I just wanted to give you postcards written in my Mission Language.

On Friday, the 6th, I had the opportunity to go on splits again with a real missionary. I was paired with one of the "Office Elders." These Elders are in charge of all the paperwork, money, mail, etc. for the mission. They only get to go out contacting once a week. It would be kind of a hard job, but they like it. Because they only go out once a week, we didn't have any appointments. Their main focus is to help less active members. We visited some members and did some contacting. The area we were in was called Bella Vista, or Beautiful View. It really was amazing. It was in the city, and the people were wealthy. They all gave us drinks, which were amazing! But the best part was being able to understand their words! I am understanding Dominican Spanish, which is not like regular Spanish. They do not anunciate words well here at all, and they speak very quietly, so it is very hard to understand. However, I am getting much better.

Another cool experience was Saturday. I have mentioned before that we have sometimes gone to the temple parking lot and talk tot he Gua-Gua (Bus) drivers. To this point we had obtained 3, which was pretty good. On Saturday, there was only one gua-gua there. The Sister missionaries were supposed to go contact him and the Elders were to speak with the temple patrons. After speaking to the patrons, we walked over to the gua-gua. The Sisters were standing there and neither them nor the driver were speaking. They didn't understand or know what to say. I started talking and my mouth was filled with words. It was amazing. We obtained his address and phone number after a brief lesson about how God is our loving Heavenly Father. I hope the missionaries were able to meet with him.

I just wanted to let you all know that I am doing great and that I cam excited to leave the CCM. I just want to begin helping people out and help bring the gospel into their lives.

I love you all so much! Let me know how life is going!

Love,
Elder Garrett McEwan

No comments:

Post a Comment