Translate

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Reading, Studying, Cooking, & Sitting on the Roof . . .

My area from the Water Tank
June 2, 2014

Dear Family,

Thank you so much for your email, it is great to read how well all of you are doing!!  Elder Wassum now has pneumonia, and so we spent the whole week in the house!!  It was crazy, because I have left the house for a total of probably 24 hours in the last 2 weeks!!  It has not been fun!!  I have just been reading, studying, practicing my cooking skills, and sitting on the roof!!  I am not sure how the investigators are doing because they have not been coming to church and we haven´t been able to go visit them!!  I called and talked to all of them, and they say that they are doing well, but they all still just need to come to church!!
Cobbler I made

So the new president, President James H. Nuckols, is super cool!!  He is fluent in french and served his mission in spain, so he knows spanish as well!!  He likes to surf, play baseball and basketball, camp, and go hiking!!  He is a really kind person, and he spent a really long time just talking to all of the missionaries!!  It is amazing to see how much he loves us all already as missionaries!!

This is one GIANT Pig!!
So today for P Day we just went hard cleaning the house, then Wassum and I went to get food.  I just got a salad, and it was really good!!  He just like forced us to leave the house because he is so bored!!  The only times he has left is to go to church for three hours and that is it, so he just dragged himself to eat!!

I went on an intercambio with Elder Connell on friday, and we went to my area for a little bit!! We visited our people, and then we climbed up a water tank that is like 150 feet high and took pictures!!  Over all it was a long, boring week, but it was rewarding as well!!

Palé vous francais??  Comment allez-vous?  Also, I have started learning French!!  Qué vous voule de moi?  Haha it has been hard, because the book I have is supposed to be teaching English for people who already speak French, so I am trying to do it backwards, but it is super hard!! I am going to talk to the mission president to see if he can get me the french MTC books!!

I love you all!!

Elder Garrett McEwan

P.S.  I did not recieve your letters yet, hopefully soon!!
Contrast of the City and the South

No comments:

Post a Comment