Translate

Monday, June 23, 2014

I'm FINALLY Out in the Campo! . . .

June 23, 2014

Dear Family,

I am so glad that you are all doing well!!  It really is such a blessing to have an amazing family like you guys to support me through my mission!!

So I am just going to jump right in to the new area.  It is called La Colonia, and it is in the zone of Azua.... Finally I am out in the campo!!  The funny thing is... this is the nicest area that I have been in!!  Well, actually 2 areas!!  We work in the area of La Colonia and Las Charcas, and las Charcas is still just a little group!!  We go out there on tuesday, saturday, and Sunday, and that is an experience!!  We are the branch presidency in Las Charcas, meaning that we do everything, from blessing and passing the sacrament to speaking, conducting, leading the music, and presiding!!  It is really awesome though!!  

The house is really nice, we have a pretty legitimate weight bench and weights, and we have light and water all the time!!!  I love it!!  My comp's name is Elder Dabady, and he is a Haitian guy that is 24 years old.  He speaks french, creole, and spanish perfectly, and knows a ton of english!!  We only speak spanish though, so that is really good!!  We put a goal to work on english with the rest of the house because they are all native spanish speakers!  I am the only American in the house!  But it has been really good so far, I have been having a great time!!

So now on to the investigators...  TO tell you the truth, I don't know all of their names, we have so many and they are all kind of hard names to say!!

We have a guy named Alexi that is really cool!  He always areads, he goes to church every week, and he is just an overall stud!!  We taught him the law of chastity, and he was waiting for a divorce to go through, and it finally did last week!!  Hopefully he can get married to his girlfriend soon, because he has a huge desire to be baptized!!!

Next, we have the daughter of a member named Laura, and the daughter's name is Rubi Casi.  They are really cool, but the mom has been really sick lately, so that is hard, and we have only been able to teach her once!!  But she is cool!!

The last one that I am going to mention is out in Las Charcas, and it is a young man named Edailin.  He has basically the whole restoration pamphlet memorized, and he is awesome!!  He is only 17, but wants to be baptized!@!  He is someone that I look at as a future missionary!!

Well, that is what has been going on!!  I love you all so much!!  Talk to you soon!!

Love, your son and brother,
Elder Garrett McEwan

No comments:

Post a Comment