Translate

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Happy New Year . . .

What a great week to get an email on Monday and a handwritten letter on Tuesday (January 7). Elder McEwan is doing well. Sounds like he's experiencing a bit of a lag in teaching. The people of the Dominican Republic could use all of our prayers.

(Translations are in blue)

Dear Family,

Well, sorry that it has taken me so long to write a handwritten latter to you guys. I would start to write one, and I wouldn't remember what I had said in my email, so I wouldn't know what to write. I did not want to repeat myself, and then I just thought, "It doesn't matter if I repeat myself! So here it goes!

So, I mentioned to you guys that we were moving soon . . . I am starting to wonder how soon is soon. We have not had water for 5 days now . . . We can't wash dishes or shower without water, so we bucket it. The problem is that the only time we have to bucket water is during lunch. This has really been hampering our study time, because we can't shower or get ready until lunch. It is hard. Then today the building manager comes and tells us that the pump is broken. He tells us that we have to call the lawyer who owns the building, a plumber, and a shop to fix it. I ask why he wants us to do it, and he says because he doesn't have money to buy minutes. He wanted us to pay 1500 pesos, and I said no. He then says, "Fine, you can use buckets then!" Uh - Oh . . . Challenge Accepted! We just bucketed 75 gallons of Water! Missionaries - 1 Land Lord - 0!

Ok, so as far as teaching goes, we do not have very many people to teach right now. We can contact 100 people in a week and end up having a return appointment with 1-2 people. This is a little depressing. Sometimes we feel like Mormon and Moroni, just watching the unbelief, the sin, and the immorality that is here. Sometimes I just want to force people to listen, but then I remember Mi Proposito! (my purpose)

INVITAR a las personas a venir a Cristo, a AYUDARLAS a que reciben el Evangelio Restaurado, mediante la FE en Jesu Cristo y Su Expiacion, el ARREPENTIMIENTO, el BAUTISMO, la RECEPCION dol don dol Espiritu Santo, y PERSEVERAR hasta el fin. (INVITE people to come to Christ, to help them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end).

Sometimes it is hard to remember this, but we try!

By the way . . . HAPPY NEW YEAR!

This starts my "dark year." The year that I do not get to see my family in real life!

I Love you all so MUCH!

Love,
Elder Garrett McEwan

p.s. I have a grocery card that I use . . . Almost like COSTCO . . . NOT :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment