Translate

Monday, January 20, 2014

Blessings from the Lord . . .


El hijo mío y yo, en frente del temple (Elder Fallentine)
January 20, 2014 

Dear Family,

Thank you so much for all of your emails!! It was so fun to read all of them!! I am glad that things are all going well for you all back home!! Also, congrats to Peyton Manning and the rest of the Broncos!! They are going to win the Super Bowl!!! I hope that the Stake Conference things went very well!! That is cool that you got to watch videos of the mission call openings!! Also, congrats to all of you about reading the Book of Mormon!! I restarted, and I am now in Alma 38, and have a goal to finish it before this transfer is over!!!

So this week was pretty fun!! We had another really good week as far as lessons go!! I forgot to tell you all that I was asked by the Bishop to speak last week in church on mission work... needless to say that I was so busy that I forgot to write a talk!! I woke up Sunday morning, hurried and wrote one, and went to church. It came time for me to speak, and I looked at the paper, and realized that it wasn´t what I wanted to say!! So, I just gave my talk off the top of my head, and took my whole 20 minute time slot!! What a blessing from the Lord!! I guess that the talk worked, because we recieved 10 references last week, and we hadn´t recieved a reference since Danilsa and her family!! So that was really cool!!! 

Mi Distrito...  Yo, Elder Fallentine, Elder Pedersen,
y Elder Darby
Yesterday in church we had 6 investigators, all with fechas!! Danilsa and her family were presented in church, and they will be baptized on Saturday!! So that was an awesome thing!!! The other two people were Shintia and Zindy, who now have fechas for the 22 of February, so that will be really cool!! They are all so excited to be apart of this great church, the true church of God!!! 

So today I felled a gigantic tree with a machete!! That was a great accomplishment!! Felt pretty awesome to see this 40 foot tall tree come crashing to the ground!!
 
So like I said, Danilsa and her family are going to be baptized on Saturday!! I was asked to baptize Danilsa and Brian, so that was really awesome!! SO excited for this day!!

Next, we have Shintia and Zindy!! They are super excited, and they are going to the ward activity on tuesday... and we can´t even go!! They are going swimming in the river, so for obvious reasons we are not allowed to go!! Kinda sad, but oh well!!! But yeah, Shintia and Zindy have 3 times in church, and are very excited!! Hopefully they can be baptized, because this might be my last weekend in this area!! I will have been here for almost 7 months at this time!!!
 
We are now working with a man named Manuel!! We have taught him before, but he dropped us!! We saw him, and he started talking to me!! I asked if he remembered me, and he started to cry, and just quietly said, ¨Si¨. So that was really humbling. He has read the bible 3 times, almost the whole book of Mormon, and Jesus the Christ 2 times!! Hopefully he will progress!!

Well, that was my week!! Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did!!

I just have one question. How can I send the ties to Missionary Mall with the warranty thing? I just have some that got messed up, so just need to know. Thanks!!!

I love you all!!
Elder Garrett McEwan 

Such a BEAUTIFUL temple! So glad I am close to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment