Translate

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Learning More Each Day . . .

November 1, 2014

Dear Family,

I am not going to lie, it is really late here, and I am not super full of animo to be typing a huge message, so this one is just going to be really quick!!! Glad you are all making caramel apples. Haha a tradition that I helped start, and now it continues on as a living memory of my legacy  ;)

We live in the office... literally.  The office is upstairs and I live downstairs!!  We are never in the house, but it is cool!!  :) Right now there are seven of us in the house, but one is going home on tuesday.  There are the two APs, the two office elders, and two others!
Hermana Melgar, who goes home on Tuesday

So this week we have been working hard with the transfer stuff a lot this week!!  We finally finished, and all of the people now know where they are going and who their new comps will be!!  I used to always think that that was just something that was easy to do, but it is definitely not!!  It is tough, but a lot of fun, and has taught me a lot.  I feel like the Lord gave me this calling to be able to learn how to manage my time in difficult situations, to help me with my future profession!!  :)
Elder McEwan, Elder Paulino, Brandy, Brandol, Elder Polanco

Today we had two baptisms, of two investigators named Brandol and Brandy.  They are the cousins of my companion, and it was a great experience!!  They both shared their testimonies, and Brandy, the younger brother, even testified of the words of his brother, like we always do as missionaries, so that was great to see!!

We also were able to have a good time today at a medical service project with the ward!!  We had 5 different doctors here and we were able to help give evaluations and things like that, as well as give out medicine and prescriptions.  It was a really good time!!

I FINALLY got a new nametag! Because the last part is worn off,
I was just a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ
for about 6 months.
Things here are going great!  I am learning lots, and having lots of fun!!  There is a lot of pressure, but I always say that you find out what kind of person you are when you are under pressure.... And after all, we all know that I "was never a practice player".  The pressure brings out the best of the best, and I am hoping that I can continue to grow and change and become better!!

I love you all!!

Love,
Elder Garrett McEwan


p.s. I am also getting my own membership to a grocery store here called price smart, which is almost like cost co!!  It even has the kirkland brand!!  How great is that?!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment