Translate

Monday, December 30, 2013

A Great Christmas in the DR . . .

December 30, 2013

I am so glad that you guys have had such a great Christmas season!!  It was so amazing to talk to all of you on Christmas Day as well!!! I did recieve the package that was left in the office by dad´s friend!  I also opened the packages that were with the 12 days of Christmas!  Thank you so much!!!

We were able to give the nativities that you sent to some of our investigators. They liked them a lot!

Good ol' day in the mall with Santa & Elder Fallentine
SO Danilsa, Carolina, Crismaldi, and Brian had to have their fecha moved... There has just been some unexpected things happen in their lives that has had to derail their baptism...  Like a death in their family!!  They were not able to go to church, so it was moved!!  But, they are still very strong, and we are very excited to see their progress!!  Danilsa and Brian are both going to be baptized by me, and Carolina and Crismaldi by  Elder Fallentine!!  It will be an amazing experience!!!

The other investigators are doing well, but Enmanuel has struggled lately!  It is sad to see, but we are really working hard with him!! I have tried everything I can thing of, but we are still looking for the answer!!  It is hard to council a grown man as a 18 year old, but he really trusts me, so we are working hard!!!  I have faith that he can over come his challenges!!!

We are contacting a lot, and that is not really that fun, but we have found a few cool people!!!

I had an intercambio with the Zone Leader who has been wanting to have an intercambio with me since he heard me speak spanish for the first time!!  He is most likely going to get transferred next week, so he finally set one up!!  He is from Peru, and he was very impressed with my Spanish and also my teaching!!  He said that it seems like I have a lot more time than I really do, so that was a really humbling experience!!!

I love you so much mom!!  I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!  Mine was great, and the best part was getting to see all of you!!  Thank you for the packages as well!!  I love you so much!! Love you forever, love you for always!!

I hope that you are all doing well, and that you are continuing to remember the importance of the Christmas Season!!!

I love you all and miss you all so much!!

Love,
Elder Garrett McEwan 
This is my future car! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment