Translate

Monday, November 11, 2013

Progression in the Dominican Republic

November 11, 2013

Dear Family,

Things here are going so well!! We have had a lot of problems with investigators, but other than that, we continue to work hard and do our best!!! We have been contacting a lot, and we are also doing our best to activate people who have gone inactive!!

So Enmannuel is getting baptized on Saturday!! We went over the interview questions with him, and he has such a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon!! In just 5 short weeks he has read from the
beginning all the way to Alma 3!! Super cool!!! I will be confirming him in sacrament meeting on Sunday!!

Amaris and Genesis are also being baptized on Saturday!! I get to baptize Genesis, like I told you guys already, so I went over the baptismal questions with her. The coolest response was when I asked what repentance meant to her... She said that it was a joy, something that gives her hope that she can start over again new, clean like Jesus, and follow Him. That was a very humbling experience to listen the testimony of a 9 year old girl that is so strong!!

We had to stop passing by with the Suarez Family. They have not been to church in 4 weeks, and are not willing to change. Very sad, but necessary.

We had a weird experience the other day... We were in the second lesson with a new contact. We taught her how to pray, prayed with her to show her by example, then asked her to say the closing prayer. She prayed in the exact way that we taught, and we asked her how she felt. She said good, then asked me, ¨So you guys pray to Mormon, right?¨ We explained that no, we pray to God, in the name of Jesus Christ. She said; Ï know, I just wanted to see if you would falter.¨ That was very strange. I am starting to see now that the Lord has prepared some people, and others are not ready to recieve the message of the restored gospel. IT is heartbreaking, but it is the reality of the mission!!

We are just getting ready for the Christmas program as a Zone. We are doing a small skit about the birth of Jesus Christ, which will be fun!! I hope it goes well!! I am just singing in the chorus!!

Well, that is pretty much all!! I am glad that you guys have been able to go out and support the schools, what with all the clubs and games and things like that. Dad, good luck as you continue to be a high counselor!! That is a huge responsibility, but you are the man for the job!! I love all of you so much!!

Love forever,
Elder Garrett McEwan :)

P.S. I did recieve your letters, and there is a letter in the mail for you guys! It is a manila envelope with a picture card in it!! Hope it gets there ok!!!!

Can you please check my checking account and tell me how much I have in it? Things are in pesos here, so I don´t know, and I can´t keep track of it!! Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment