Translate

Monday, June 8, 2015

"Plan Alfa" . . . "All is Well" . . .

June 8, 2015

Dear Family,

It was so good to hear about your week, and that you were able to go to the temple celebration and to the dedication!  I am very excited to go when I get home!  So much revelation can be received in the temple, and there is no doubt in my mind that inside the temple is one of the places where we are closest to God.

Everything here in the DR is going great, just a bunch of the same stuff as usual!  We officially finished contacting the area....  We finished one entire street on Friday, and when we walked around the corner to start the next one...  I recognized that we had already contacted there....  SO let´s just say we are going to try a new strategy...  Well, not really a new strategy, more like an old strategy that we have perfected.   It is called  "Plan Alfa:  Start contacting the whole area again, knocking on one door at a time until we find someone who is interested in the Gospel".  We decided to call it Plan Alfa because the other name is really long, and it is the first and only plan that we could think of, so it is the Alfa.  The people are still just kind of there, struggling a little bit.  Yeni´s daughter got measles on Friday, so they have kind of been out of comision, so that was a little bit of a downer, but things are going well!!

Today we were able to have a Zone Activity, and it was a lot of fun.  We took two kids from our ward who are preparing to go on missions so that they could see how fun the mission can be.  We went to our stake center, which is the nicest building in the country...  It is almost like being back home.  It has an indoor basketball court!! We went there and played basketball and soccer, and then watched the movie "Big Heroes 6".  I really enjoyed it, even though I totally predicted the twist of the teacher stealing the technology.  I also talked to a guy a couple of days ago to get him to bring a bunch of chimis.  They are like hamburgers, but they have a different sauce, kind of like a spicy fry sauce, and shredded cooked cabbage.  They are super good, I am going to have to show you how to make them.  Any way, then we went home, I gave some stuff to one of the kids that went with us, some stuff that he needs for his mission, and then just relaxed a bit.

The best thing that I learned this week came as an answer to a prayer and revelation through my Patriarchal Blessing and the words of Modern Day Prophets.  I came across an article in the July Liahona (Yes, I have it)  about the pioneers.  It is called "All is Well".   It talked about the pioneers, and how the words that came out of their mouths were those very words.  I stopped to think a little bit about that...  How could they possibly think that all was well as they stumbled across the plains, sick, starving, and dying, to an unknown place?  Their faith and desire to follow God´s plan was amazing, and they realized that God had a plan for them.  It was really reassuring for me to read that.  I know that God has a plan specifically for each and every one of us.  OUR personal plan might get alterred by the decisions and agency of other people, but the Lord´s plan was never alterred.  Sometimes we just don´t understand it all of the way. 

I love you all and I hope that you have a great week!

Love,


Elder Garrett McEwan

No comments:

Post a Comment