Translate

Monday, April 20, 2015

More Contacting . . .

April 20, 2015

Dear Family,

Sounds like you guys had a great week!  We too were able to have a good one here!  We just passed the transfers, and my companion and I stayed together!  That was good, even though he has been here for a really long time!  He has already been here for six months, which is the very typical time, so he will be staying just a little bit longer here!  Our zone is going to get switched up quite a bit, and about half the zone is leaving!  It is kind of exciting to get to see more people that I have become friends with out here, so that will be good!

So this week was a lot of the same as the last one...  CONTACTING!!!  It has gotten to the point that I am teaching my comp to yell random things in english so that people will come to the door!  Yesterday he yelled "Merry Christmas", and I was dying!!  We are working with him on english so that he will have that opportunity for when he goes home!

Celsi is still doing really well, the only difficulty with her right now is that they just took out here four front teeth from an accident that she had... so she is very self conscious about it.  She did not go to church this week because of that, but she is hopefully getting the replacements this week, so hopefully she will keep coming!  We also found a new guy named Guillermo.  We were just walking, and we saw him, talked to him, and put a lesson.  We went back and he told us that he had been meeting with the missionaries about two years ago and that the only reason that he stopped was because of a stroke that he had.  We are hoping that he will begin to progress.  We have only met with him one time, but hopefully he will want to keep learning more!!

So I had a great experience in church this week!  I have been trying to be the best that I can be, and it has been a tough process.  Everytime that I try to be better and think that I am progressing so much, I realize another little thing that I need to change!  I guess that is why they say that perfection is a process that takes us our whole lives!  So anyway, in church I had some cool thoughts!  We always say that in our church we have the plenitud of the gospel.  My thoughts were these:  WE SHOULD ACCEPT THE GOSPEL IN ITS FULLNESS.  THIS COMES THROUGH COMPLETE AND PERFECT OBEDIENCE TO EVERY COMMANDMENT AND ORDENANCE THAT HAS BEEN GIVEN TO US.  IT IS NOT ENOUGH TO SIMPLY KNOW THAT WE HAVE THE FULLNESS OF THE GOSPEL; WE NEED TO LIVE IT IN ITS FULLNESS.

I feel like this was a great reflexion point for my mission.  It isn't enough to simply know that we have the fullness...  If we don't live it in its fullness, it doesn't do us any good!  I challenge you to try to live each day in the fullness of the gospel!

I love you all and I hope that you have a great week!

Love,

Elder Garrett McEwan

No comments:

Post a Comment